JEE Main 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, April JEE Main, Syllabus, Pattern: The national level screening examination,Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) takes place twice a year in January and April. Students who clear the exam with get admissions into B.Tech, B.E, B.Plan,B.Arch programs. The main aim of this exam is to provide admission for students in various prestigious colleges such as National Institute of Technology(NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and other centrally funded institutions (CFTIs).
For the second time for 2020-21 session, the exam is going to be held in April 2020 under National Testing Agency (NTA). The examination dates have been changed to5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th April 2020.April 2020 which were supposed to be held from 03 – 09 April 2020.JEE Main April 2020 Application form is already available from 07 February 2020.
JEE Main 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates/ JEE Main April 2020 Dates:
- JEE Mains 2020 application form is available from: February 7, 2020
- Last date to submit JEE Main April 2020 application form: March 6, 2020
- JEE Main Application Fee to be paid from: February 7 to March 7, 2020
- Application correction window availability from: March 8 to 12, 2020
- Can download JEE Main April 2020 admit card on: March 20, 2020
- JEE Main 2020, April examination dates:5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th April 2020
- JEE Main 2020, April answer key and OMR sheet will be available in 3rd week of April
- JEE Main April 2020 Result will be Declared on April 30, 2020 (Paper 1 & 2)
- JEE Main 2020, April Counseling process starts from 3rd week of June 2020
JEE Main April 2020 Application Fee/ Registration Fee of JEE Main 2020:
Students can pay their application fee online using Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/Paytm. Application fee varies for candidates according to their location, and category.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee for Exam Centers in India:
JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) OR Paper II (B.Arch/B.Planning):
- Boys – Rs. 650 and Girls – Rs. 325 (General/OBC(NCL) category)
- Boys – Rs. 325 and Girls – Rs.325 (SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender)
Both JEE Main Paper I and Paper II:
- Boys – Rs. 1300 and Girls – Rs. 650 (General/OBC(NCL) category)
- Boys – Rs. 650 and Girls – Rs. 650 (SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender)
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee for Exam Centers outside India:
JEE Main Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) OR Paper II (B.Arch/B.Planning)
- Boys – Rs. 3000 and Girls – Rs. 1500 (General/OBC(NCL) category)
- Boys – Rs. 1500 and Girls – Rs. 1500 (SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender)
Both JEE Main Paper I and Paper II
- Boys – Rs. 6000 and Girls – Rs. 3000 (General/OBC(NCL) category)
- Boys – Rs. 3000 and Girls – Rs. 3000 (SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender)
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria/ JEE Main April 2020 Attempts limits/ JEE Main Reservation Policy:
Candidates who are willing to apply for JEE Main April 2020 are advised to check eligibility details carefully as there are different eligibility criteria for different branches you are applying.
Age Criteria: There is no age limit for JEE Main Examination.
Educational Qualification: From a recognized Board the Candidate should pass Class 12 examination in 2018 and 2019 or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks and 65% for SC/ST category in at least five subjects. 2017 passed out students are not eligible to apply.
Number of Attempts: Candidate can write the exam for three consecutive years only, which means you get total of six chances to write exam in 3years.
Qualifying Subjects:Candidate should pass 10+2 (or equivalent) exam with a minimum of 75% aggregate marks and 65% for SC/ST category in at least five subjects.
- Technical Vocational Subject
- Any other subject
JEE Main Reservation Policy:As the Central Government runs the seats in various institutes, they provided a reservations system with a percentage for candidates belonging to different categories.
- General –EWS10%reservation
- Other Backward Class (OBC) – NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)27%reservation
- Scheduled Caste (SC)15%reservation
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)7.5%reservation
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD)5%reservation
JEE Main April 2020 Exam Pattern/ JEE Main Exam Pattern:
JEE Main has two pattern of papers which are completely different from each other,Paper I (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper II (B.Arch/B.Planning).
Exam Mode: JEE Main 2020 is an Online Examination (Computer Based Test) and the B.Arch Paper drawing exam will only be held in offline mode.
Time Duration:You have 3 hours of time to complete the examination
Type of Questions: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
Marking Scheme:4 marks will be given to a correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer for MCQ questions. 4 marks will be given to a correct answer and no negative marks for any incorrect answeror left unanswered. for Objective Type or numerical type questions.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 1(B.E./B.Tech)Exam Pattern:
- Mathematics: 25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT) Questions (100 marks)
- Chemistry: 25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT) Questions (100 marks)
- Physics: 25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT) Questions (100 marks)
- Total: 75 Questions(300 marks)
JEE Main 2020 Paper II (B.Arch/B.Planning): B.Arch Exam Pattern:
- Aptitude Test – Part 2 50 (MCQ) Questions (200 marks)
- Mathematics – Part I 25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT) Questions (100 marks)
- Drawing Test – Part 3 2 Questions (100 marks)
- Total: 77 Questions (400 marks)
JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Exam pattern:
- Aptitude Test – Part 2: 50 (MCQ)Questions(200 marks)
- Mathematics – Part I: 25 (20 MCQ + 5 NVT)Questions(100 marks)
- Planning Based Question: 25 Questions(100 marks)
- Total: 100 Questions 400(Marks)
JEE Main 2020 Application Form/ How to apply for JEE Main April 2020/ JEE Main April 2020/ How to Fill JEE Main Application Form 2020:
National Testing Agency (NTA) has already released the JEE Main April 2020 session application form on 07 February 2020. Candidates need to fill all the necessary details via online mode through the official website. Students who have already registered and filled the application form for JEE Main January 2020 session need not create another account again instead, they can access the account using the old login credentials. Follow the step by step process to complete the application form.
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates need to register or create an account for JEE Main 2020 by proving necessary details such as username, contact details and a password of your choice. If you already have registered and filled the application form for JEE Main January 2020 session, you can directly login using the previous application number.
Step 2 – Filling of JEE Main Application Form: Candidate need to select the choice of course (Paper 1 or Paper 2) for the examination.All the personal and contact details will be updated automatically from registration. You need to enter all the mandatory details to fill the form such as:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card Number/Enrollment number
- Birth District
- Birth State
- Annual Income of Parents
- Caste Category
- Bank Details
- Mobile Number
- Email Id (Students need to provide a valid Email ID and password as all the details/ information will be sent to it)
- Education Qualification
- Select Stream/Entrance Exam
- Select four test centers of your preference to take exam
- Candidates who are applying need to upload a Scanned photograph and signature in the JPEG/JPG format. The photo file size should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions. Signature size should be between 4 KB to 30 KB with 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm dimensions.
Step 3 – Payment of Fee: Application fee varies for candidates according to their location and category. It’s an online payment method, you can pay using different payment gateways such as SBI MOPS, ICICI, HDFC, Syndicate Bank as well as Paytm services.
Step 4: Printout of Acknowledgement Page: Once the payment is done you can take a print of the acknowledgement page for future use.